Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 2012 - Happy New Year!

I was reading my blog from January 2011 this morning and it is still pretty relevant for today. Take a look if you are interested. I don't generally make resolutions, but I do reflect on how things are in my life today and what I can do to change them, keep them from changing, or accept that they will not change. That is how I roll. My life is good. Yes, there are things that I would like to be different. But the truth is that if nothing changes, I am good with that too.

This year will bring the 20th anniversary of marriage for me and Big Daddy. My children will turn 8 and 9 (YIKES!!), and I will continue graduate school.

We will live a good life.
We will treat others as we want to be treated.
We will live our lives with tolerance.
We will not sit in judgement when beliefs of others are not in sync with our own.
We will move on with no regrets when those around us are not kind or tolerant.
We will not compare our lives to others.
We will not feel inadequate when the lives of others appear to be better than our own.
We will be thankful.
We will be kind.
We will love each other.
We will play and laugh.
We will support each other when there are reasons for tears.
We will step up!

Life is short -- Be happy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment