Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A new stage for Samantha

I knew the time would come, but that does not make it any easier.  Over the course of the summer, I have noticed little things that have given me pause and forced me to accept that she has entered a new stage in life. 

The first thing I noticed was a change in her facial features. She has lost some teeth, but its more than that. Her face is older and more mature.  I see a young lady when I look at her. Her interests have broadened and individualized at the same time.  She wants to spend more time doing what I am doing, or in her bedroom  alone hanging out with her stuff.  She is calmer and holds herself differently. Her walk is more controlled and her  body language is more refined. She is very interested in growing her circle of girl-friends and seems eager to deepen those relationships.  I have found her deep in serious conversation with her bestest friend, "TRR."  Those two could solve all the problems of the world given the opportunity.

I am sad to accept that my baby girl is no longer a baby, but I am also excited to watch her make her own path in life. There are so many things I want for her, but if you know her at all, you know that she will follow her own path. And she will spend as much time as you give her convincing you that its the best path.  The girl has passion.

I will continue to plant the seeds that I think are important in life. And I can't wait to see how she blooms where she is planted!

I thank God for her every. single. day!

1 comments:

nanny said...

yeah...that made me cry!

Post a Comment