Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ready, Set, Go -->>>>

I am a hermit. I like to be home. And I love my kids and want them to pursue their interests. These two things are not always compatible. I have signed them up for classes at the YMCA in the past and let them decide what they wanted to do. But I have always given them choices of what class to take based on all being in the same location at the same time.  And I have enrolled them in monthly classes so we can take a month off when we want. In all fairness, that is just not the best way to do things any more. 

We have had many discussions about what classes they want to take this fall. Cooper wants to swim. There is no wavering on his part. Samantha and Zachary can never decide.  They have gone back and forth for weeks. This morning, we finally made some decisions!! I am going to get them enrolled before they change their mind again and the classes are filled.

I also decided that in order for them to truly benefit from the instruction, they should go in a more consecutive pattern. I have to put aside my personal feelings about having to be "on the go" so often, but that is what we do as parents.  Plus, Big Daddy will be home during the week and can help as needed. 

Our final decisions are:

Cooper will be enrolled in Swim Academy where he can perfect skills and prepare for competition.  Tu/Th 5:00pm-5:45pm.

Zachary will be enrolled in Gymnastics Academy where he will focus on more competitive gymnastic skills. Sa 11:00am

Samantha will be enrolled in Cheer Academy where she will also have some opportunities for performance. Th 6:00pm

Time to get the mini-van loaded and watch my kids bloom (get used to hearing this). I will be encouraging them to do their best, but I promise not to be that crazy parent who cares more about the end result than the process.  I believe in the journey.

Here we go --->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Good for you!!! I think you'll find that it will help with their daily stress too. You will probably have a calmer evening time as well. :) Good luck!!!

Erin said...

Yeah, a calmer evening because they'll be so tired, or a calmer evening because you'll be so tired, you're sound asleep and can't hear them! :O) That's great though. Good luck with everything this fall!

Post a Comment